EtherMPX is an IP STL system from Sigmacom Broadcast, designed to transport real time MPX or L/R signal from studio to transmitter, through TCP/IP network (wired or wireless), and it is offered at extremely low price!
Professional IP STLs, must deliver uncompromised quality, without modulation overshoots, no audible latency for live on- air monitoring and time accuracy for SFN operation. Should be made of high reliability and dedicated hardware, unlike ordinary computer systems, and specifically designed to operate in harsh environment like the mountains where the transmitters are located.
EtherMPX is an IP STL designed exactly with these principles. It has the advantage to transport Analog or Digital MPX and Analog or Digital L/R, with 2.5mS latency, at PCM linear (uncompressed) professional 24bit 48kHz (L/R mode) or 24bit 192kHz (MPX mode).
High stability, low-jitter internal clock sources, smart software buffering techniques and Asynchronous Sample Rate Converters, assure flawless operation. State-of-the-art components for the analog section provide high end quality, with DC coupled inputs & outputs.
• We are proud to release the first IP STL in the world, capable to transport Analog or Digital MPX signal with RDS, beside plain L/R audio.
• MPX is transported AS IT IS and NOT decomposed at encoder side, and then recomposed at decoder side.
• Unicast or Multicast operation to feed an entire network of FM transmitters with MPX from one encoder.
• Linear uncompressed PCM 24-bit audio.
• Very low audio latency: 2,5mS in MPX mode.
• Perfect match with Sigmacom DDS-30 Exciter, the first in the world that accepts Digital MPX.
• Can be used with high quality 802.11a Ethernet links.
• DC coupled, TRUE balanced Analog inputs & outputs.
• No modulation overshoots due compression or AC capacitor coupling.
• Decoder provides simultaneously Analog & Digital output for transmitter redundancy.
• Aux RS232 serial transparent link, Studio to Transmitter.
• Auto switchover to Analog input when Digital signal is lost.
• Centralized remote control & management software